Thursday 19 December 2013

365


I was berating myself the other day for not having posted a blog in over 100 days.  What’s the point, I thought, so much time has passed, I can never catch up... and on and on.  Just as anxiety over failure and disappointment started to well up in my chest the little voice that comes from my heart and knows what’s real and true whispered, so what, start again today.

We have 365 chances to start.  There are 365 times Matilda, our primal lizard brain, our ego’s mouthpiece, can shut us down.  Stuck in the middle is our freedom to choose.

The bottom line?  We have 365 opportunities to choose.

What choice have you made today?

I ate badly all week, what’s the point...
OR
So what, I’ll start again today.

I haven’t worked out in a month, I’ll never catch up....
OR
So what, I’ll go today.

I disappointed my kids yesterday, they’ll never trust me again...
OR
So what, I will apologize and follow through on a promise today.

What have you said SO WHAT to today?  I’d love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment