Wednesday 21 March 2012

Life is short, but wide.

The sentiment of ‘living your life to the fullest’ is bandied about a lot and I’ve mentioned before that to me, it feels more like a mandate and, it makes me feel anxious, like I’m not measuring up.
I think it’s important though, to live a wide life, to stay curious, alert and aware.  Most importantly though, is to stay PRESENT.  
The wideness of life is not in its scope, it is not in the number of countries you’ve visited, or the vast quantities of ‘friends’ you have on Facebook, the sparkliest of toys, or the most crammed schedule.  
Rather, it is in the moments when you feel the most alive; it could be while walking your dog, tying your child’s shoe, standing in line at the grocery store.  It’s about the attention you bring, purposefully, to the moment, by acknowledging that you are alive and breathing, and are connected to other souls, standing in this checkout line acknowledging the wideness of their life right along with you.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And am learning to live my life by being present. It changes everything. EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete