Tuesday 21 February 2012

Brick walls and whispers...

I don’t know about you but I find that I usually don’t learn a lesson that the Universe is trying to teach me until that proverbial brick wall falls on me.  I wish I could understand the lesson at a whisper, it certainly would save me a lot of time and effort, but stubborn is just who I am I guess.
Here’s the thing, perhaps it’s stubbornness, but I’ve been thinking that perhaps it’s lack of trust in myself because for some reason it seems to me that I don’t trust things that are too easy.  I trust things that I feel I have to struggle with and be anxious over, in other words, if there isn’t some bloodletting then how worthwhile can the message be?
As I get older though I am starting to trust myself more, I’m starting to trust my gut which  is my version of a whisper.  I usually get a tightness in my solar plexus that tells me something is off, but here’s the kicker, the kicker is not only becoming aware of the whisper but doing something about it -- as it turns out, usually pausing, doing nothing, not making a decision, nothing, just holding, is what the whisper is asking me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment