Saturday 19 May 2012

SKEPTICISM


Ya, I know, the concept of life revolving around playing and sleeping sounds like someone’s not playing with a full deck.  But I think what’s more perverse is life revolving around an endless grind of doing work that destroys your soul so you can pay your bills -- bills you’ve accumulated through the vicious cycle of consumerism -- an ‘ism’ that is making us slaves.  On and on this cycle goes -- it is destructive, it is soulless and nothing good will come of it, in fact, we witness the destruction of our souls every day.
If redirecting my life toward what feeds my soul and finding a way to make a living from it -- that is play for me.  Play in this sense is a win-win prospect -- I get to make or offer something that brings joy or relief to someone, and they in turn are willing to pay for that thing or service.  The sleep would be part of that cycle that rejuvenates and invigorates the time spent at play.  
It seems healthier to me, more joyful, more compassionate, to ourselves and others.  It feels right to me and I think more and more of us are starting to change the direction of our lives toward this more fulfilling way of living.
The truly magical part is that technology is helping us tear down the traditional ways we needed to make a living -- the traditional jobs, the factories, the cubicles, technology is offering us options.   
I think it is scarier continuing on with the old way than exploring the new way of living because the old way is on its way out -- it is crumbling and whether you want to or not, changes are in the offing -- you may make the change kicking and screaming but change you will.  
You can either start directing the change to the life you want, yourself, you can stick your head in the sand and believe that there is no change happening, or you can have someone or something (society) define that change for you.  
You have choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment