Saturday 3 November 2012

LESSON


Continuing on with the issue of GOODNESS OF FIT, it’s true we can’t choose our family of origin.  As a metaphysical argument some say that we are born into our family to learn life lessons that are particular to us.  Awesome.  I’m just not sure what I’m supposed to do with that.

I understand that it's a rhetorical way of trying to make sense of our experiences on this earth.  I get that.  My question to the family as lesson theory however is, why does the exact same shit keep showing up?  

Anger, guilt, shame are the trifecta of symptoms that underpin our OCD, addiction, anxiety and depression.  We, as humans, have had to learn the exact same lessons for millennia.  So either we’re not doing a very good job of learning our lessons or it’s a faulty belief at best.  

I mean why can’t we be perfecting our lessons on compassion and awareness and love right from the get-go, why are these lessons arrived at only as byproducts of anger, guilt and shame?

No comments:

Post a Comment