Sunday 19 August 2012

DAY-TO-DAY


Routine and schedules are comforting.  I know I need a certain amount of structure to get things done.  I also know that a lot of people use structure or routine and schedules to hide behind.  They use them so that they don’t have to think, so that they can fool themselves into thinking that things are staying the same, so that they can sink deeper into denial.

I think sometimes routines, schedules and tight structures function like amniotic fluid for people.  It keeps them alive, it sustains them without them having to risk or change anything.  

People who sprint through their day, phone to ear, multitasking at breakneck speed, are addicted to their routines, their schedules and their very tight structures.  Should you suggest that they slow down, they’ll recoil as if you’re coming at them with an axe.

I always wonder....what are they running from?  What are they so afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment