Monday 30 January 2012

A Call to Action

I’m terribly afraid that encouraging someone to ‘live their best life’ will become a platitude; a trite, dull, and meaningless statement rather than the critical call to action that I see it to be.
To me living a best life means owning my place in this world and being free to proactively make my life choices.  It means being fully engaged and empowered to realize my potential and then reaching out and empowering someone else.  This is my right, not due to some special status, but because I am a human being.
To dismiss this as naive thinking, or a sound bite, is the first step to relegating this idea to platitude status.  More alarming still is the suggestion that 'reality' is how society is structured now: ruled by whomever carries a bigger stick.  


I couldn't disagree more.  The shift happens with each tiny little step you take to empower yourself and your neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment