Monday 30 July 2012

ILLNESS


If you think you’re getting away with not dealing with an issue because you’re choosing to deny it, not deal with it or ignore it, think again.  Sooner or later it will catch up with you in very unexpected ways.
Strong emotional energy is attached to denial (feeling guilty is a residue of denial).  This energy is negative and corrosive and it needs to go somewhere.  As an organic system your body absorbs this energy  and over time manifests in all manner of illness from ulcers to cancer. Psychologically it will manifest as depression, OCD, anxiety, PTSD and on and on.  
Even something as seemingly unrelated as being overweight is likely attributed to denial or feelings of guilt.  
What I think most people are in excruciating need of is forgiveness.  Let it go.  Those feelings we may have that tell us we deserve to be punished, tell them, tell yourself that you’ve been punished enough.  Enough is enough.  Forgive yourself.
When I stopped praising myself for self-torture and began listening to
my body, I found that there was wisdom in my cells to exceed anything
my bewildered doctors could offer.”
--Martha Beck, The Body Whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment